Monday, 2 November 2009

Anthropologie

Anthropologie recently opened its doors to the UK with its new Regent Street Store and today I went to check it out on my lunch break.

I had been into a collection of their stores in the US, mainly in New York both in Manhattan and other districts of New York and loved what they stocked. And the UK store didn't disappoint! There is a beautiful collection of delicate dresses and tops, which aren't really my style but appreciate the beauty! But they also had a great collection of chunky knitwear which I am a HUGE fan of at the moment. 

I also love their jewellery and their own brand stuff is quite reasonably priced! One main feature about the shop though is its 'Live wall' which is the height of the store (three floors) and is covered in plants, 14,000 to be exact, which are all real!
I was pleasantly surprised that the brand hadn't really changed since the last time I visited a store and that their message still seemed to be the same and that it had 'crossed the pond' quite simply and with no big changes. 

The brand is owned by the same people who own Urban Outfitters, and you can see there is a link between the two but Anthropologie is definitely a more grown up store, with chilled out music in the background instead of the likes they play in Urban Outfitters. 

Definitely be going back there for some xmas presents and putting some of their items down on my own xmas list!





A Snapshot of inside the store: The 'Live Wall'

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails