Friday, 8 January 2010

New Year, New Start and all that Jazz

2010 is officially underway and I was worried that 2010 was going to be able to top my 2009. I was lucky enough to travel to Tokyo, Malaga, Barcelona and Portugal last year...where will my travels reach this year?

I also turned 21 which involved lots of celebrations (and lots of presents!) which was amazing and now don't really have a big birthday to celebrate until i'm...30?!?

And the big one for me was GRADUATING! Wow that was amazing and I was literally happy the whole day.

So, come on 2010, what can you bring me. But to be fair the year hasn't started to badly, i'm currently doing an internship,which I am enjoying and glad to be back in a routine after the student lifestyle which made it difficult to motivate yourself everyday when no one was around to pester you!

Also my sister has just got engaged so that is super exciting and gives all the family something to look forward to! And it's fun as I can pretend to be the wedding planner (being Chief Bridesmaid as all!) and look at all dresses and venues etc which can cheer up any dull winter Sunday afternoon!

What about New Years resolutions I hear you say? Well, I aim to visit people more often, as many of my friends are now scattered all over the place so I intend to actually go and see them instead of making false promises all the time. I also plan to try and pick up my Spanish skills and I feel they are rapidly fading away and I am keen not to loose everything I learnt! So if any of you know of any good exercise books do let me know!

Since I'm an ex fashion student I suppose I should at least talk about something fashion related in my first blog of 2010...so January Sales...what a load of rubbish! Anyone agree? Firstly why do brands like American Apparrell NEVER do sales? So annoying, also most of the things in the sale were seriously old stock that I think might have even been left over from last January! Urban outfitters was considerably disappointing with only a small selection of items reduced and most items that were of any interest still over the £45 mark! French Connection is a poor excuse for a sale, with some items only having £10 off, if i were still a student I could've got more off with my student discount!

However lets not be bitter, that can't be a good start to the year. One place I did manage to find some good bargains was in Uniqlo, grabbing a lovely knitted jumper dress, cotton and cashmere blend for only £20 and M&S with their underwear sale where I got a lovely bra set for £12 instead of about £28.
So lets see what 2010 holds for me and I will keep you updated with my ups and downs, whether you like it or not! I wish you all a happy new year and hope its a good one for everyone!

P.S - Shouldn't Covent Garden have taken down the Christmas decorations down by now...surely?! They're bringing bad luck to everyone who walks under them!



I grabbed a bargain in M&S lingerie...where did you get yours?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails