Thursday, 22 July 2010

22.07.10

MODEL CHILD 


So looks like one of the latest fashion trends is to have celebrity's children in the latest children's wear collections! First I read about Paul Smith launching his new children's wear collection - which I was quite excited about since I am a huge fan of the brand and still cling to the hope that one day I may work for him! However, the reason that it was being talked about in so many newspapers wasn't because of the collection itself but who was wearing it.

When I first read about how there were several offspring of famous faces involved in the ad campaign, my cynic brain switched on and I was thinking, why do we need to use the celebrities to try and gain extra coverage etc etc, however, when I saw the video that is part of the campaign my cynicism disappeared! Amongst the 'regular' models, were the children of Liam Gallagher and Sophie Ellis Bextor - the boy in the image below is Sophie's boy!



They kids are just too dam cute! You can watch the video here. They look really happy and super suave in all the Paul Smith clobber. The collection will be available in Selfridges, Harrods and Harvey Nichols in September. I still think using celebrity children was a bit unnecessary but the collection has one me over and I just wish I had more mini people in my family that I could buy the clothes for! What do you think? You like the collection? DO you think using celebrity's children enhances the campaign or is a bit pointless? 

However, it's not just Paul Smith whose using famous mini me's in their campaigns, according to Grazia, Jenifer Lopez's children were involved in a shoot for the new Gucci kidswear range!

Images from Telegraph.co.uk and Grazia.co.uk

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails