Tuesday, 28 September 2010

SHOW ME YOUR MAKEUP


I was lucky enough to be invited to Maybeline's 2011 calendar shoot last week; Show Me Your Make Up, which was a 'behind the scenes' look at the photoshoot that Maybeline organise every year to produce their limited edition calendar which goes out to 'a select few' around the globe - 50 will be distributed in the UK to the important beauty 'opinion formers.'

I wasn't entirely sure what to expect as most the shoots I've been on are quite hectic and people can feel in the way, even when they're supposed to be there, so I was intrigued to see how Maybeline coped with an 'audience.' However I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The event must have been organised down to a tee, as I was welcomed into this quaint room in the St Martin's hotel, to be greeted by a huge white leather sofa, drinks and nibbles.

I was given a quick run down of the brief and what they were trying to achieve before being left to my own devises and introducing myself to the make up artist and model.

On the day, the model was the ever so gorgeous, Kemp Muhi who was being photographed by Jackie Dixon. Some shots had already been taken by the time I arrived and I sat down with Jackie who went through them with me explaining the concept behind the look. Kemp looked stunning, and Jackie even said that Kemp made her job very easy.
Sharon Dowsett touching up model, Jemp Muhi
 
Once I'd settled down I wandered over to the make up area to watch Kemp get a new look and chatted to make up director for Maybeline; Sharon Dowsett who explained what she was using and how in each look she wanted to create at least one element that people could try at home. Each look was to shift focus around the face, concentrating on the eyes, lips, cheeks and then a more natural look.



Overall this was such a lovely event to attend. All Maybeline representatives were very tentative and ensured all the bloggers and other guests were being looked after and I was genuinely impressed at the levels of ease during the shoot and how smoothly it all ran.


One final perk of the event was the goodie bag! Now we all know that goodie bags often always sound a lot better than they actually are! I was expecting maybe one product, a press release and then a lot of other paperwork....but oh no, that's not Maybeline's style. Sure there was the required paperwork present, but they also gave away a total of 5 products! Two lipsticks, two eye shadows and one mascara. Now, do you want to here the really great news? YOU CAN WIN IT ALL! I'm going to offer my goodie bag as a giveaway to one lucky reader. I like to keep my giveaways simple, so none of this '1 point for a blog follow, 1 for a twitter follow' malarkey. Simply leave a comment on my blog stating you wish to be entered, under this post and then I will select a winner at random. Please, only UK entries. Good Luck and thank you Maybeline for a lovely event!

6 comments:

daisychain said...

ooh can I enter please? I follow x

Annie said...

You can indeed enter, you don't even need to follow my blog to enter, all I ask is that you live in the UK... at the moment you've got a good chance!! ;) x

Jazzabelle said...

ohh, i'd love to enter! i've retweeted your tweet about this comp so more people will hopefully enter! i'm not a fan of eyeshadow, but i'd definately wear the lipsticks and mascara!

such a shame, i could of met you! i was invited to the event but i was busy on the day! funnily enough i actually have the limited edition 2009 calendar, it's in my bedroom :)


xx

Irene said...

enter me please, because i do bloody love maybelline, lucky you getting invited haha!:)
xxxxx

Jen said...

can i enter the competition please? :) xx

Lucy said...

I'd like to enter please! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails