Tuesday, 3 May 2011

MET BALL 2011

Alexander McQueen was the theme for this year's gala, so I was keen to see what masterpieces were going to be on show. Following the Royal Wedding, and Kate Middleton wearing a McQueen dress, this weekend has been a credit to the new genius behind the brand, Sarah Burton, and I think she does the brand great justice.

I've always been a fan of the McQueen brand and think my love was truly cemented when I saw Sarah Jessica Parker in her McQueen gown for the Costume Institute Anglo Mania Gala at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2006.

Here are my hit and misses of the gowns from last night, some McQueen, but not all!

McQueen Hits:

 
Salma Hayek                                                                              Sarah Jessica Parker

 
Karen Elson


Other Hits:

Ashley Greene in Donna Karen

 
Liv Tyler in Givenchy

Misses:

Naomi in couture McQueen - this just looks a bit odd, doesn't do her any justice. I'm sure fabrics etc are exquisite but the shape is not so great, might just be a bad angle but not overwhelmed.
BeyoncĂ© in Emilio Pucci - I love it from the waist down, but the neckline doesn't do it for me. There seems to be a bit too much going on. 


Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Burberry. Too much on show here, and don't like the colour. 























Alexa Chung in Christopher Kane. Never really been a fan of Alexa, and this is another example of why. Her legs look far too thin here. Like the mesh neckline but not the line pattern or shape of the dress. 

















All photos from Daily Mail online via Getty.

3 comments:

InesT said...

I love the dress from Sarah Jessica Parker!

I'm following your blog, I hope you FOLLOW mine, to win beautiful goodies in my giveaways <3: http://ladyfashionoui.blogspot.com/
Have a fashionable day
XOXO
IT *

Perfume Plus Direct discount code said...

Hi, i love your blog and i always check the new post, i loved what have posted.

Aaron said...

Fashion is everywhere. In my opinion this business will never stop to amaze us. Thanks

Greetings, short term rentals Barcelona
vacation rental in Barcelona

Related Posts with Thumbnails